You can apply for copy certificates for births, marriages and deaths registered in Cardiff since 1837 (when official records began).
Civil Partnership records are available from 2005 onwards.
For all types of application you will need the following information:
- the type of certificate you would like: birth, marriage, civil partnership or death
- name or names the certificate applies to
- date of the event
- where the event took place
- parents names (if applying for a birth certificate)
- any other relevant information that may help us locate the entry
Print out and complete the form you need:
Birth certificate application (41.7kb PDF)
Death certificate application (39.7kb PDF)
Marriage certificate application (31.9kb PDF)
Civil partnership certificate application (180kb PDF)
Certificates are £11 each and you will need to include a postal order made out to Cardiff Council with your application. Please send to:
Clos Parc Morgannwg
We will issue the certificate by second class post within 15 working days.
Please note we do not accept cash payments.